Nails, like skin, can give away some health problems. That’s why it’s important to keep an eye on your signs. In this article we will learn what are the most common diseases that give away the appearance of our nails.
Being attentive to factors such as the curve of our nails, their thickness, color, texture, brightness, fragility, grooves and ridges is not nonsense. Elements like these say a lot. Even the state of the cuticle.
Yellowish or discolored nails
Healthy nails often look natural pink. If your nails are yellowish or discolored, if you have spots of other colors, then you have some silent problem, and it will be different according to color.
- Green nails: bacterial infection.
- Blue tones: low oxygen levels in the blood.
- Pale tones: lack of vitamins.
- Red stripes: infection in the valves of the heart.
- White nails: liver problems.
- Dark streaks: aging or heart problems.
Brittle nails or games
Scaled nails, i.e. separated into layers, fall into this category. This symptom, or split nails, may be indicators of:
- Vitamin C deficiency, proteins or folic acid.
- Chronic malnutrition.
Concave or raised nails
La dirección en que crecen las uñas también dice cosas. Cuando las uñas se curvan hacia arriba, pueden ser signo de:
- Desequilibrio en los niveles de hierro y problemas asociados.
- Enfermedades del corazón.
Algunas uñas desarrollan unos pequeños agujeros en la superficie. Esto se puede deber a:
- Problemas del tejido conectivo.
- Deficiencia de zinc.
Although some nails are harder than others, it is not normal for them to be thick. This can cause several problems, such as:
- Psoriasis or thyroid problems.
- Lung diseases.
- Circulation problems.
- Thick nails with rough texture: fungal infection.
- Allergic reactions to certain medications.
If the surface of the nail is not smooth, but appears to separate into textured stripes, we talk about ridges. They may accuse:
- Iron deficiency.
They can give away thyroid problems and therefore hormonal problems, as well as the presence of fungi.
Nails on drumstick
Also known as watch nails, these are changes that your nails or cuticles experience. It can occur in two ways: the skin around the nail bulges, or the nail bulges around the fingers. It may involve the presence of:
- Liver diseases.
- Lung diseases.
- Inflammation in the intestines.
So you know. Don’t ignore what your nails tell you. Rather, in the face of the most minuscule change, or in the face of the persistent presence of any of these signs, consult your trusted doctor.